2011-08-10

The Web Developer's Creed

This is my HTTP Request. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My HTTP Request is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My HTTP Request, without me, is useless. Without my HTTP Request, I am useless. I must dispatch my HTTP Request true. I must program straighter than my enemy who is trying to hack me. I must DoS him before he DoS's me. I will...

My HTTP Request and myself know that what counts in this network is not the packets we fire, the waves of our wifis, nor the binaries we compile. We know that it is the bugs that count. We will debug...

My HTTP Request is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its APIs, its components, its sourcecode and its source repositories. I will ever guard it against the ravages of power failures and coffe drops as I will ever guard my legs, my arms, my eyes and my keyboard against damage. I will keep my HTTP Request clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before Turing, I swear this creed. My HTTP Request and myself are the defenders of my box. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my system.

So be it, until victory is Internet's and there is no firewalls, but free pr0n!